We will guide you in every step of your musical journey1
From beginners to aspiring professionals, we offer you a teaching of high standard2
Highly qualified teachers, with years of experience in performance and education3
Located in Ogikubo, Tokyo, at the Toaldo Violin School we value the artistic growth of our students. While enjoying making music and discovering the wonderful world of violin playing, we give our students all the tools they need to become accomplished artists and musicians. Coming from a prestigious Violin Academy in Switzerland, we ensure a teaching of high standard in a motivating, and dynamic environment.
Contact us now to start your violin lessons! We offer lessons to students of all ages and levels, from beginners to aspiring professionals, in a wide variety of languages, including English, Japanese, French and Spanish!
With extensive experience as a performer, and over ten years of experience as teacher, Gabriel Toaldo has collaborated with multiple institutions across the world, including the Avila School of Music, and the Miami Symphony Orchestra (U.S.A), the Nolasco Music Conservatory (Venezuela), the Kayaleh Music Centre (Switzerland), as well as Chateau International School and Nishimachi International School (Japan). Speaking English, French, Spanish, and Japanese, he works with students of multiple nationalities, from beginners to professionals.
- 1989/06Born to parents of Italian and Venezuelan descent.
- 2009/09Enrolls in the Kayaleh Violin Academy in Switzerland, and studies under its founder, Habib Kayaleh
- 2018/06Obtains Diploma in Performance and Pedagogy from the Kayaleh Violin Academy
- 2019/01Creates the Toaldo Violin School in Tokyo, Japan
- 2020/01Current Violin Teacher at Chateau International School and Nishimachi International School in Tokyo, Japan
Hirona Hosono Toaldo
Graduating from Aichi Prefectural University of Fine Arts and Music and the Kayaleh Violin Academy in Switzerland, Ms. Hosono has performed in multiple European locations, such as Geneva, Lausanne, Verona, and Luxemburg. Speaking Japanese, English and French, and with multiple years of teaching experience and school management, she has collaborated with many renowned artists, such as Robert Zimansky, Angel Stankov, and Viktor Pikaizen.
- 1986/10 Born in a musical family in Nagoya, Japan. Starts playing violin at the age of 2.
- 2007/09Enrolls in the Kayaleh Violin Academy in Switzerland, and studies under its founder, Habib Kayaleh
- 2017/06Obtains a Performer’s Diploma from the Kayaleh Violin Academy
- 2019/01Creates, together with Gabriel Toaldo, the Toaldo Violin School in Tokyo, Japan
The Toaldo Violin School offers lessons to students of all ages and levels, from beginners to aspiring professionals (starting from 3 years old) in a wide variety of languages, including English, French, Spanish and Japanese. At our school, students will learn to:
・Develop their understanding of music and violin-playing.
・Nurture their musical and artistic potential.
・Acquire all the skills and techniques necessary to enjoy music-making.
In order to provide them with the best experience, our lessons are made to adapt to the potential of each student. We offer three courses:
・30-minute or 45-minute lessons: Ideal for beginners and young children under 10 years old
・60-minute lessons: Perfect for everyone, beginners and advanced students
・90-minute lessons: For advanced students and aspiring professionals.
Lessons are held at our school in Ogikubo. However, lesson at your home are also available (for fees, see below), as well as online lessons via Zoom, to help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- ・3-6-1-1208 Momoi Suginami Tokyo Japan (10 minutes by bus from JR Ogikubo or Nishi-Ogikubo station)
・Lessons at your home
- Prices & Fees:
- We accept cash or credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB)
30-minute lesson: JPY 3,000
45-minute lesson: JPY 5,000
60-minute lesson: JPY 7,000
90-minute lesson: JPY 10,000
- Lessons at your home:
- Location: All 23 wards of Tokyo
Duration: 45-minute, 60-minute or 90-minute lessons
In addition to the lesson fee above, 2,500yen will be charged.
- Rental Instrument:
- Violin Rental is available starting from JPY 1,000 per month.
- Trial Lessons:
- - Trial lessons can be held at our school in Ogikubo. Instruments provided if necessary.
- or Online via Zoom
JPY 3,000 (JPY 1,500 for children under 12 years old)
- 3-6-1-1208 Momoi Suginami Tokyo Japan
- Operation Hours:
- 9:00 – 21:00
- Telephone Number:
- 10 min. by bus from JR Ogikubo or Nishi-Ogikubo station